Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Well Hello!

I musttttt start writing on this thing again! I like to share my thoughts and current obsessions, so here's where I'll start.

I'm cooking split pea soup right now and I added CHIA SEEDS to the broth. What are chia seeds? They are a wonder seed. The are full of fiber, they're tasteless, and you can eat them on just about anything. They absorb water so they keep you full for longer, and they're a wonderful antioxident. I'm trying to eat them everyday.

I've been watching Kimora Lee Simmons' reality show. She is an inspiration to me for some reason. I connect with her on so many levels. She's simply fabulous (which is her motto.) She's just given me the confidence not to take any BS from anyone. Don't be afraid to let people know who you are, what you stand for, and what you need! When someone isn't doing their job, she calls them out on it. And she is always dressed to impress. It shows that she means business. And I like that.

Lastly, I have moved into a new apartment. I signed a year lease! It's quite lovely. Nice neighborhood, nice apartment, good deal. I'll be honest - living with other people has never been something I enjoyed but I'm trying to come to terms with it. I think i just have very high standards for the way I live and I have yet to find someone who shares that same standard. These are the perils of having grown up mostly as an only child. I expect too much.

Pics of my soup to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment