Sunday, May 9, 2010

Abu Dhabi!!!





So the 12-hour plane ride went quite quickly. There was so much food to eat and so many movies to watch!

I started out by watching “Nine” while eating a delicious selection of Chicken in Arabic yogurt and basmati rice. And they had pineapple juice! My fav…. I topped off my meal with an apple crisp with vanilla custard. I was very satisfied.

I fell asleep and when I woke up, I found out that I had missed the mid-flight snack, which was a choice between popcorn and a frozen snickers ice cream. I was upset!

It was time for another movie and another meal! Although it was breakfast, I decided to munch on the baked tilapia with rice, fresh seasonal fruit, and a hot chocolate. I watched “Up in The Air” and loved it! I’ve never been a huge fan of his, but I can see why America loves George Clooney.

We landed, whizzed through customs, got our bags, and got picked up to go to the hotel. When we proceeded to the check in line, they told us we were in the executive suites and we’d need to head upstairs to check in.

We entered the 10th floor where we were greeted with tea or coffee, fresh almonds, pistachios, and DATES. I LOVE DATES! We opened the door to our room, where we were awaited with complimentary fruit, a gift bag, and other delectables!

Today we had to be up early, so we headed down to the buffet breakfast. Then we got picked up to head to the Grand Mosque, get a tour of the New NYU campus, tour of the Abu Dhabi mall, and dinner on the Marine.

Some of the highlights of the day – getting to wear an Abaya and Sheila in the Grand Mosque, the kiwi and lime juice I had with lunch, swimming in the Arabian Gulf that had a perfect temperature warm enough to keep us swimming until 6 pm.

I am happy to report that I did get tan, do plan on eating more dates tomorrow, and trying more exotic juice drinks!



-- Dominique

1 comment: