Monday, November 22, 2010

Growing Old

This evening was a time of catching up. I skyped with my parents for almost an hour, chatted about Thanksgiving and my plans to come home for Christmas, and caught each other up with what was going on.

Then I decided to read up on my brothers blog. He's getting married next year and he just got an awesome promotion at work. I rarely speak with him on the phone, but when I do it's so great to hear his voice. He's so inspiring, and so when I read his blog, I feel that same sort of inspiration.

And I found myself getting teary eyed as I read how he's rearranging his apartment to make new space for his fiancee who will be moving in soon. It was so touching and it settled in that my big brother is starting his own family. What does that mean for our family? I already don't see alot of him!

Ugh. Such a selfish thought. But it's the same feeling I feel when my good friend starts dating someone. I grew up mostly as an only child (big bro is 12 years older than me) so I am quite possessive.

Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. I actually think it means I'll see and talk to you more. Tiffany reminds me to stay connected with the world beyond my computer screen. Particularly with our most loved and cherished.

    Talk to ya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, you two are great. I always try this..and then time flies. Maybe you two will inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete