Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Everything is better in New York. I suddenly feel more in my skin, more at home, more mobile! Even the tea tastes better. I got up and made white chai tea and it tasted better than it ever had. At home, I would always put cream in my white chai tea, and any tea aficionado will know that white tea is too delicate to really put cream into it (it would overpower its essence), and this morning I made my tea forgetting to put cream in it and it tasted perfect! See, even my common sense makes better sense here!

It’s so funny how if you put your dreams into action, they can come into fruition. Just like my friend who said, “I want to get out of LA and go to Chicago” – she has a wonderful job and apartment in Chicago exactly a month later. And then I said “ I want to get out of LA and go to New York” and here I am trying to make the next steps for my future. It feels really exciting to be doing what you love and in a city that inspires you.

And it feels like fall. That is very cool. I’ve always loved fall clothes – hats, gloves, pretty scarves, jackets, and BOOTS! And fall food is so appropriate here. I had lentils with squash, turnips, and yams – so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment