Sunday, May 24, 2009

1 is the loneliest number. 2 is not!


Seeing one of my best friends Lindsey tonight perked me up so much! We went to Pasadena (one of my favorite places in L.A.) to see a play at the Pasadena Playhouse called "The Little Foxes" by Lillian Hellman. A good family friend named Yvette Cason (she played Beyonce's mom in "Dreamgirls") was in the play. She was the best part of it because the rest of the show was VERY BORING. Not like NY theatre at all. Not even like ETW theatre. I swear I saw better Independent Projects than this.

This is what I realized: theatre in L.A. is for older people. Old white people. That's who's getting cast and that's who goes to see it. I def. didn't leave new york to do theatre in los angeles, so I think i'll stick with what seems to be a younger persons genre: TV. Unless an amazing musical comes to this city, I don't think I'll be cast in very many turn of the century plays where the word "nigger" is thrown around every 3 minutes.

Lastly, Lindsey and I rounded out our night by going to another favorite spot of ours: The Cheesecake Factory! We sat at the bar, where I filled my stomach with spicy chicken taquitos, pomegranite (sp?) margaritas, and hot chocolate. So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment